Sunday, March 13, 2011

30 days of Paleo Diet and excercise with Ivy Profane


Today starts the beginning of a very challenging experiment for me. People say you are what you eat. And unfortunately I am either a walking doughnut or a lounging chocolate chip cookie. I've always turned to junk food/fast food when feeling bored, down or anxious. I mean who doesn't love a piping hot pizza or a big juicy bacon cheese burger? But those days need to end at least for the next 30 days. I'll be giving up dairy & grains for 30 days and replacing them with fresh fruits and vegetables -- foods that are more nutritious than whole grains or dairy products. After the 30 day challenge I will slowly incorporate (in moderation) some of the foods that I love such as pasta, light cheeses, fat free Greek yogurt etc. But I will make sure to make better choices and moderate my intake of rich and fatty foods.

Changing our food choices may not be easy but it is definitely doable. Fueling up with organic nutrient rich foods will help to increase mood and energy levels. By adhering and following a safe, simple and effective diet, I hope to loose weight, clear up acne, feel better and look better. This challenge will require taking responsibility and I intend on holding myself accountable by posting daily post on my journey to a better me. I am planning on making this a lifestyle change so that I can prevent and reverse any possible serious chronic disease, feel better, stronger and more energetic. The benefits will be living longer and healthier, naturally.

Saying this is much easier then doing it. I am hoping that by blogging it will help keep me motivated and committed. I am human and I'm not perfect. That said I will post everything and anything that I have encountered through this journey. So here I go, no more excuses. My blog will include workouts written by Ivy Profane, Paleo diet favorite recipes, weekly pictures and stats such as weight and measurements. This is the start of an interesting and exciting adventure.

3/14/11
Height: 5' 6"
BMI: 30

Long term Goals:
Lower BMI to 24
Grow an extra 3 inches taller (just kidding)

4 comments:

  1. i'm with ya! we'll see how it goes and i'll be there to support you and keep you going. go, jo, you can do it!!! pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg. who are those hotties in that sweet picture!! go go go go jo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the screen grab Maile!!! You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Pammy!! WE can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete