Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day # 2: @#$%$!! *kicks rocks* SUGAR DETOX!


OK, deep breath. I have not sabotaged myself as of yet and have remained true to the diet. Battling cravings for sweets has been a bit challenging. Things that have helped me through my sugar and bread detox aside from microwaving a yam:

  • I try to drink about a half liter of water 6 times a day. Usually with the meals and snacks that I eat. It keeps me feeling full.
  • I snack on apples, grapes, mangos naturally sweet snacks and not girl scout cookies, ice cream or pastries.
  • After each meal is done I immediately clean up and put leftovers away. Keeps me from grazing through what's left just because it's there.
  • At night if I start feeling snacky I brush my teeth. If I still feel bingey/snacky and know I've had enough to eat I simply go to bed. It's usually a sign that I'm up too late anyway. Sleep is a good thing.

I also started taking Vitamins. I made the mistake of taking 1,000mg of Niacin. It was one of the worst feelings I have ever experienced in my life. I experienced rapid heart beat, skin flushing, itching, pins and needles all from too much Niacin. It was a horrible 4 hours. But I am all better now and have learned my lesson. ALWAYS READ THE LABEL!

My mood has been better then yesterday less grumpy probably due to the cup of coffee I had this morning. All in all "The Paleo" is not that bad unless I walk by a window displaying deliciously baked yumminess. I pass by this window every day on my walk to work and back but have been strong enough to stay strong willed (by unpeeling myself from the fogged up window due to staring at the goodies for too long). Thanks to blogging I've been able to turn down delicious, sweet, buttery temptations. ....... so far.

Meals we had today:

Breakfast we had an omelet with spinach & basil

Lunch: huge salad with mixed greens and boiled chicken breast

Dinner: bison stuffed bell pepper

snacks: 1/2 an Asian pear, 1/2 an apple, 1 kiwi, 1/2 a mango

1 gallon of water

1 glass of herbal iced tea

Energy: felt a little dizzy but i think it's due to the lack of grains and sugars. My body is still adjusting.

Mood: ok

Irritable: a tad




5 comments:

  1. You're off to a great start Jo! Cutting out sugar is so hard which should be proof of how bad it is for you! Keep up the good work, the beginning is always the hardest!!

    -alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you guys!! Thank you Jane & Alison!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, you are so doing it MAD RESPECT, i would already be eating at the tacobell/kfc to make up for the two days of no processed foods...hahaha i <3 u

    ReplyDelete