Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day # 7: Still on track!!!!!

It's been 7 days on the Paleo and I gotta say it's getting easier and easier with each passing day. I made it past the initial upset stomach and intense headaches usually associated with going low carb, low sugar. I have not had any sugar (except for sugars found in fruit), grains, legumes nor processed food for 7 days!!! I've lost some weight, increased energy levels, have less acne and blackhead ridden skin, feel lighter and all around in a better mood because of this experiment. My body aches less and I am starting to feel less irritable.

I will continue to eat only Paleo friendly foods but will refuse to stress out about it when the situation calls for me to take advantage of the 80/20 rule. I will stay as strict as I possibly can till the 30 days are up while slowly and in moderation adding back foods that I was avoiding after the 30 day trial.

80/20 rule simply means that 80% of the time stay true to the Paleo way of eating while going back to your old ways 20% of the time, then you can still easily reach any health goal you wish in a reasonable amount of time. Granted it will take you longer, it may help the process overall so you don’t stress out if you can’t meet the lifestyles needs. It allows you to enjoy the ice cream cone if you so desire on occasion (moderation is key). Or, maybe have a slice of cheesecake once in a large great while.

Ok time for me to get started on my long day of cleaning, organizing and cooking. I am looking forward to rewarding myself with a haircut now that I have accomplished at least one of
my goals which was to loose at least 5 lbs. Time for me to get this shaggy doo under control.

I will start posting my workout routine starting tomorrow. I am commiting to 3 one hour fat burning cardio workouts & 2 one hour strength training workouts (heavy lifting) a week with Ivy Profane as my trainer. I decided to take it easy the first week due to my body adjusting to such a drastic change in my eating habits. I'll post pics soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment