Monday, March 14, 2011

Day # 1 No grains. No sugar. No legumes. No processed food. No dairy.


Though it was hard to walk by my favorite coffee place by my house and not order a delicious buttery chocolate filled crossiant with my extra strong rocket fuel coffee; it hasn't been that bad aside from the intense migraine I've had all day possibly due to the lack of sugar & caffeine intake. I hit some hurdles throughout the day most of them triggered from stress due to work but stayed true to the diet. However listening to my co-workers talk about how much they where going to enjoy a delicious dinner filled with all or some of the foods on my no list was not easy. I even went as far as avoiding going out to lunch with some friends because I did not want to be tempted by the smells of yummy pizza pies and balsamic and olive oil drizzled caprese salads with fresh mozzerela. Yes that's right I've stuck to the diet so far. I've had about a gallon of water and made about 16 trips to the loo thanks to all the water intake. I really enjoyed the "spa" water which consisted of mint, kiwi, lemon and mineral water. It was quite refreshing. I felt a little weak and low energy possibly due to the lack of caffeine and sugar. I will stop cutting out coffee from my diet especially if it means avoiding a splitting headache. I felt full throughout the day but had some cravings for foods that are on the no list. I am hoping tomorrow will be easier. Going to bed early in hopes to start tomorrow as strong as I started today.

Favorite meals today:
Fish tacos wrapped in butter lettuce Lunch
Ahi Salad Dinner (yummers)

2 comments: